FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- I didn't get my email verification after setting up my account.
- I need to cancel, can I get a refund?
- In the past, some classes qualified for a senior discount. Is this still available?
- Is financial assistance available for Community Education classes
- What is the best way to search for a class?
- What is your photograph/video taping policy?
- Be sure to check your spam folder as some e-mail providers send automated messages to the spam box.
We are sorry you need to cancel! Cancellation procedures vary slightly between programs. Please see the program information below.
Aquatics lessons and programs
Cancellations that take place at least five
working days prior to the first class meeting will receive credit in the
Community Education registration system for the class cost minus a $10
processing fee. For more information, call 952-431-8777.
Cancellations that occur fewer than five working
days prior to start and up to the mid-point of the course will receive credit
in the Community Education registration system for half the class cost minus a
$10 processing fee. There will be no refunds or credits issued after the
mid-point of the class.
- Cancellations for Red Cross and ASHI courses will be credited according to the method of payment and not held as credit in the registration system. The processing fee for the cancellation of a Lifeguard, Lifeguard Instructor or Water Safety Instructor class is $25. The processing fee for cancellation of all other Red Cross courses is $10.
Enrichment classes and tours
Full refunds will be made for classes canceled
due to low enrollment.
Cancellations received at least five days prior
to the class start date will receive a refund less a $10 processing fee and any
costs incurred. (supplies, food, ticket fees, etc.).
Cancellations received less than five day prior
to the start of the class will receive account credit less a $10 processing fee
and any costs incurred. (supplies, food, ticket fees, etc.)
Refunds will not be issued after the class has
Early Childhood Family Education
Cancellations prior to the start of class will
receive a full refund. Cancellations during the first two weeks of class will
receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All registrations are considered
final after the second class meeting and are not eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations that take place at least five working days prior to the first class meeting will receive credit in the Community Education registration system for the class cost minus a $10 processing fee. For more information, call 952-431-8777.
Yes! Seniors can take a 10% discount on selected courses. Please call and our registration staff would be happy to assist in assigning the discount.
- Adult classes - call 651-423-7920
- Aquatics classes - call 952-431-8777
Limited financial assistance is available for community members. Please call the program office for more information.
- Adult and Youth Enrichment - 651-423-7920
- Aquatics - 952-431-8777
- Early Childhood Family Services - 952-388-1950
- Adult Basic Education - 952-431-8316
Course information is separated by program area:
- Adult Enrichment
- Aquatic programs
- Early Childhood Classes/Programs
- Project Explore (Adults with Disabilities)
- Youth Enrichment
If you know the title of the class, instructor name or just a key word from the title, you can also enter these terms in the search box located at the top of the page.
Enrollment in District 196 Community Education classes or activities constitutes permission to District 196 to take and use photographs, video and other likenesses of you and your enrolled minor child in District 196’s promotional materials and publications. If you do not wish for the image and likeness of you or your minor child to be used in this manner, contact Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-423-7701.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.